<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 14, 2009

Dov Hikind: Why I am Supporting Brad Lander for City Council 

In the nearly three decades I have served as an elected official for the 48th Assembly District, I have learned that the most important aspect of the job is constituent services. If Sendy, Joseph or Angelo have a problem they need help with, their primary concern is whether their elected official is receptive to their problem and dedicated to resolving it as best as possible. The most essential component of being a public servant is not one’s stances on ‘hot topic issues’ or public policy matters, but rather, their ability to advocate and solve problems for their constituents.

I have met with many of the candidates in the 39th Councilmanic race, and have reviewed their backgrounds, experience and accomplishments. After due consideration, I determined that Brad Lander is not only the most qualified, but he will also be the most receptive to the constituents of the 39th Council District. His dedication and sincerity have impressed me, and I truly believe in my heart that with God’s help, Brad will be a great councilman once he is elected.

A second, more serious issue concerning allegations made against Brad has both revolted and disgusted me. I have read and heard critics of Brad state that he is anti-Israel based upon remarks he made a decade ago. I have spent my entire life fighting for Israel, and would never support someone who I felt did not support Eretz Yisroel. Sometimes, in a fit of passion, we have all made statements that can later be misconstrued. We should only judge people based upon their current actions and not on comments they made long ago. Brad takes pride in his Jewish roots, and I am convinced he is and will continue to be a great friend of Israel and the Jewish people.

It is for this reason that I have endorsed Brad Lander in the 39th Council District. I urge you to support him as well. Please vote on September 15th for Brad Lander.

With best wishes for a happy and healthy new year,

Dov Hikind
Member of Assembly

Comments:
I want someone who will be concerned about NYC....not Israel.
Sorry to those I offend.... but my
interest is NYC/USA.
Not a country several thousand miles
away where I have no ties or connections.

 

Is Hikind kidding. Everyone knows that lander is know friend to israel and he stands for everything our community is against John Heyer is the person we need representing us.

 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-