<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Jewish Press Inquiring Photographer, Touro College, Boro-Park

Question: Does it bother you that an increasing number of Orthodox Jewish families don't celebrate Thanksgiving, viewing it as a secular holiday?



No. It's not a Jewish based holiday meaning it’s not halachically mandated, and besides, we as Jews don't need one day set aside on the calendar to appreciate this country like the secular world does. We express our gratitude for America and everything else every single day when we daven and thank Hashem.

-- Shmuli Hershovitz, student

http://www.jewishpress.com/displayContent_new.cfm?contentid=26157&mode=a§ionid=15&contentname=Touro_College%2C_Boro_Park&recnum=1&subid=20504

Comments:
handsome fellow

 

Give me a break..... get a kosher
turkey and enjoy the day.
It is a family day and some
really good food

 

He happens to be right but why make your voice public my boss will make me come in to work i love a day off i need a couple more

 

This feature would be way funnier if instead of the original picture Chaptzem used one of the four pictures that The Onion uses for all of their man/ woman on the street "interviews".

 

This whole discussion is stupid because touro wasn't really asking this question to hear their opinion. They were learning English writing 101, so the students had to write an essay to practice writing skills, so the teacher picked this topic to write about.

 

Gee,
one would think that a student that didn't look like he hasn't showered or brushed his beard in six or seven months would be a better depiction of a young Jewish man.

 

What are the odds that this fellow's shul says the tefillah for the US on Shabbos?

 

I am a frum American, I have davened in Shtibels all my life.
years ago, my Father pointed out that Thanksgiving was OUR DAY, to silently say thank you to this country for letting some people come in after the Holocaust.

 

he is definately 100% right

 

"Gee,
one would think that a student that didn't look like he hasn't showered or brushed his beard in six or seven months would be a better depiction of a young Jewish man."

I don't brush my hair (on my head or my face), but I do shower.

By the way: turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes tastes good.

 

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Chaptzem! Blog

-